The purpose of the OHSBCA is to unify all baseball coaches in the State of Ohio, to promote high school baseball, to create an official line of communication with the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), to foster higher standards of professionalism and ethics, and to maintain a strong contact with the national, state and local coaches’ organizations of
baseball. Starting for 2023-2024 year we will be having dual membership with the NHSBCA. (About NHSBCA - National High School Baseball Coaches Assoc)
Membership: 1,200 Coaches annually
Dual Membership only (not attending State Clinic)
Dues: $40.00 per year due by March 15th (No exceptions) Membership runs from yearly January 1st - December 31st . Dual membership with NHSBCA.
State Clinic and Dual Membership with NHSBCA $100 before December 22, 2023 and $130 after December 22, 2023.
Lifetime Membership-Any Retired coach who was an OHSBCA member for 20 years can join as a lifetime membership for a fee of $50. (one time only fee) It includes free clinic attendance yearly. If you want to attend the luncheon it would be an additional $35 per person. This membership is not part of the NHSBCA Dual membership program.
Membership AND Clinic Registration is NOW OPEN! You must pay with a credit card.
Registering for Clinic automatically makes you a member for the 2024 season.
Official Organization Function/Events:
- Annual Convention and Clinic: Held once per year at the Hilton Columbus at Easton Columbus, OH.
- Board Meetings: Four times per year. Includes two meetings at the annual convention, a meeting at the Game One All-Star Series, and a meeting in October.
- OHSBCA Website: www.ohsbca.org,
Game One Senior All-Star Series: Held one week after the state tournament in June. The series honors eighty (80) graduated seniors and twelve member coaches in a 4 team round-robin format. The event takes place at Bill Davis Stadium on the campus of The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.State Coaches Poll: Teams are rated in each of the four divisions ten times each spring. Poll champions are recognized at the annual convention. There are thirty two (32) voting coaches in each division. Registration and membership forms to vote can be found on website.
- Player-of-the-Year and a Coach-of-the-Year. They are recognized by the wire services and are awarded a plaque at the annual convention.
- Player-of-the-Year Award: This award will be presented at the annual convention banquet by OC Sports Headwear. Each of the four division Player-of-the-Year recipients will be recognized and one Player-of-the-Year will receive a plaque.
- Field of the Year Award: This award will be presented at the annual convention by Mar-Co Clay.
- Field of Need Award: Th is award will be presented at the annual convention by Pro’s Choice.
- Hall of Fame: Th e HOF induction is the highlight of the awards banquet at the annual convention. The Board of Directors selects inductees. Nomination forms can be found on website.
- Hank Miller Scholarships: All graduating senior students of member coaches with fi ve years of continuing membership are eligible. They are presented during the awards banquet. Form found on website.
- Academic All-Ohio: Selected annually and awarded certificates. Certificates are handed out at the state convention. Forms can be found on website.
- Service and Victory Awards: Service awards for coaches begin with the fifteenth year of membership and are awarded every five years thereafter. Victory awards begin at 100 and are awarded for every 100 victories thereafter. Certificates and plaques are awarded at the state convention.
- Assistant Coach of the Year Award sponsored by Phoenix Bat Company: Two coaches from each district are recognized as assistant coaches of the year at our annual convention.
- Past Presidents Hall of Fame: All former OHSBCA Presidents and Hall of Fame members are invited back for the Hall of Fame Banquet on Friday afternoon. A reception to follow immediately after the banquet.
- The Consultant of the OHSBCA regularly attends all meetings of the OHSAA Board of Control in Columbus.
- Sponsorships: Th e OHSBCA is sponsored by many corporations and also help sponsor our scholarship recipients: Rawlings (official baseball and Hall of Fame Banquet Sponsor), OC Sports (official headwear), Game One (official uniform supplier), PBR (Hot Stove sponsor), Mar-Co Clay (official mound clay and dirt), Astro Turf (official turf supplier), Pro’s Choice (field of need sponsor), GameChanger, Easton, Phoenix Bats and Celebrate Sports Tours (Thursday Smoker sponsor).